Understanding and Meeting His Clients' Needs and Requirements
First, let me thank Jim from the bottom of my heart for his committed efforts to search for a home for us. His knowledge about homes is as vast as an Ocean. Jim understands the importance of all his clients' views and tastes, and gives priority to those opinions.
We had a peculiar requirement (only homes facing to east or north) for our home search, but he was never bothered by it. He showed us a lot of homes that matched our price and location needs, and especially the home orientation.
First, we started searching OLD homes in the lower price range, and around 5 to 6 year old. It was an amazing experience visiting homes with Jim. He explained each and every aspect of the process, the different options available to us, and what would be the better options for his clients.
Some of the areas of concern he pointed out and addressed included:
- What is the behind and across the street from the house?
- How are the other houses in the neighborhood being cared for and how does this house compare?
- How will this house perform when it is time for resale?
- How much will it cost me over the next 5 years to own this house?
- Is the carpet older?
- Will I need to replace it in the next few years?
- How about the windows, roof, heating and air-conditioning system, kitchen cabinets and counter tops?
- Overall quality and condition of the house.
- Does the floor plan serve my needs now and in the future?
After we visited a few different older homes, we finally decided to go look at some new homes with the encouragement of Jim and a few of our close friends. Here's where Jim's expertise really came in. Before we worked with Jim, we would not have selected many options and I am sure that we would not have been happy with our home. Jim came to the Builders Design Center with us a couple of times to guide us in selecting different options. (My friends realtor didn't even get involved when they visited the design center.)
- He made lots of good suggestions, like going for marble in the shower stall instead of tiles, because cleaning and maintenance is comparatively easy.
- He also steered us away from several upgrades that we would have selected which do not add any real value to the home, so we dropped those options.
When I talked to my friends, they would tell me how lucky we were to have found Jim, because he explains things other realtors never talked about.
We are lucky and fortunate to have Jim as our realtor. He provided valuable suggestions and guidance throughout our search while being patient with all of our questions, while visiting OLD homes and, finally, when we switched to NEW homes.
We would not have gotten this home without Jim's help. We were very happy with all his suggestions. No realtor works like Jim.
Without a second thought, I would recommend Jim Cadwalader to my friends.
The Gopala Family